The Vineyard was first planted to Shiraz grapes in the 1800's serving the thriving River Boat trade. Being half way between Echuca and Barmah, Cape Horn was a convenient stopping spot for the river boats. The vineyard and winery evolved as a consequence. Cape Horn was also a popular picnic spot for day trippers from Echuca in the 1900's.
Previous owners the Harrison family re established the vineyard in 1994 with the planting of Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Durif, Marsanne and Zinfandel vines.
Now proudly owned by the Gilmour and Buckley families, both of whom have a long connection with the Murray River and the Echuca-Moama region.